Welcome to Indie Game Lover!
Indie Game Lover values your privacy. This notice describes what information we collect, how we use it, and, if necessary, those with whom we share it.
The personal data of the users that are collected and processed through the website:
- Indie Game Lover web application
(Hereinafter referred to as “Indie Game Lover”).
Will be under responsibility and in charge of:
- Indie Game Lover
TYPES OF INFORMATION GATHERED
The information we learn from customers helps personalize and continually improve your experience at Indie Game Lover. Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Give Us. You provide information when you search, read and watch the content, register as a user, access the platform, use the services and/or communicate with us. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with the following information:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Social media information (Log in purposes)
- IP address (Google Analytics, reCAPTCHA…)
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through our websites or online presence such as ‘cookies.’
Indie Game Lover will not collect any personally identifiable information about you, unless you provide it.
reCAPTCHA: We use the reCAPTCHA system to perform checks on our website. reCAPTCHA is a Google service that helps protect websites from spam and abuse. A “CAPTCHA” is a turing test to tell human and bots apart. It is easy for humans to solve, but hard for “bots” and other malicious software to figure out. This system can collect the user's IP address for the sole purpose of verification.
For more information please visit:
Advertising (Google AdSense): These Cookies are used to display relevant advertising to visitors who use our services or visit the website, as well as to understand and report on the efficacy of ads served on our website. They track details such as the number of unique visitors, the number of times particular ads have been displayed, and the number of clicks the ads have received. They are also used to show you advertisements based on products you have seen on our website or other third-party websites. These are configured by Indie Game Lover and trusted third party networks and are generally persistent in nature.
Automatic Information. Like many websites, we use "cookies." We obtain certain types of anonymous information which is not personally identifiable when your web browser accesses Indie Game Lover or third-party content served by or on behalf of Indie Game Lover on other websites. Some of the information we collect and analyze includes the Internet protocol (IP) address; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and connection speed.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Personal data will be kept for the time necessary for the provision of the services or as long as the user does not close his account or withdraw his consent. The user's personal data will be deleted from our database immediately the user's account is closed or his consent withdrawn.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our current application, website and services and to develop new services. We use personal information collected through our site as described below and described elsewhere in this Policy to:
- Identify you as a user in our system.
- Register user accounts.
- Provide the Indie Game Lover web application
- Provide the services (discover Indie games, news, events, art…)
- Communicate with you about upcoming events and gaming stream news.
- Improve our services, website, and how we operate our platform.
- Understand and enhance your experience using our website and services.
- Send emails through bulk email delivery platforms such as MailChimp and Klaviyo.
- Communicate with you through our support team.
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- Marketing purposes of Indie Game Lover.
- Link or combine your information with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
HOW DO YOU GET MY CONSENT?
By registering and providing us with personal information to communicate with you, you agree that we collect and use your information. You can withdraw your consent, contact us through the contact information or the contact page.
On our website you will find links and functions linked to different social networks, in which you can share your information.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/about/
- Patreon: https://privacy.patreon.com
- Discord: https://discordapp.com/privacy
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/privacy-notice/
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
Third-Party Service Providers. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending email, analyzing data (Google Analytics), providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Protection of Indie Game Lover and others. We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Indie Game Lover, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent. Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personally identifiable information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Anonymous Information. Indie Game Lover uses the anonymous browsing information collected automatically by our servers primarily to help us administer and improve the platform and website. We may also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about the website to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. This information is not personally identifiable.
Email Address. The email address that you supply to us for purposes of receiving our email communications will never be rented or sold to a third party.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. If transactions are processed on the Website, transaction information is transmitted to and from the Website in encrypted form using industry-standard SSL connections to help protect such information from interception. We restrict authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorized to have access to such information.
Indie Game Lover follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once Indie Game Lover receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Indie Game Lover strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data provided to Indie Game Lover:
- Access your personal data.
- Request the correction of inaccurate data.
- Request its deletion.
- Request limitation of the processing of your data.
- Oppose the treatment of your data.
- Request your portability.
- Not be subject to automated individual decisions.
The Users can exercise all these rights contacting us through the contact information or the contact page and indicating the reason for his request.
Without preconception to any other administrative appeal or legal action, the User shall have the right to submit a claim to a Control Authority, in particular in the Member State in which he or she has their habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. If you consider that the processing of your personal data is not appropriate to the regulations, as well as in the case of not seeing the exercise of your rights satisfied. The control authority in which the claim was filed will inform the claimant about the course and result of the claim.
EU MEMBERS’ RIGHTS (GDPR COMPLIANT)
If you are habitually located in the European Union, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances.
We describe these rights below:
- Access and Porting: You can access your information at any time.
- Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete: You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by contact us.
- Object: Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
- Revoke consent: Where you have previously provided your consent, such as to permit us to process health-related data about you, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent by updating your settings. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
- Complain: Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
We are in compliance with the requirements of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA – U.S regulation) regarding the protection of the personal data of minors. We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our application and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
EDITING AND DELETING INFORMATION
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You can change, modify, rectify and delete your Information at any time, please contact us through the contact information.
To opt-out of Indie Game Lover email, follow the instructions included in the email. Your request should be processed within 48 hours.
SUPPLIERS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES
Indie Game Lover regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Indie Game Lover treatment of personal information by contacting us.
When we receive formal written complaints, it is Indie Game Lover policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Indie Game Lover and an individual.